Call for Proposals: Sponsors for Customized ArcGIS Desktop Python Toolboxes
This is a Call For Proposals for Sponsors for Customized ArcGIS Desktop Python Toolboxes. The MSU Denver GIS Programming Spring 2018 class is seeking businesses, agencies, non-profits, and other groups who have a need for a customized toolbox in ArcGIS Desktop version 10.2 through 10.6. The work is provided free, without warranty, in consideration for sponsorship.
This is a great opportunity to work with our up-and-coming GIS Programmers at MSU Denver. It’s also a chance to automate your workflow process with some Python. The final code is yours to keep and use. As the instructor, I use this exercise as a “real world experience” final project for the class. The student groups learn to code in groups, work with clients, and provide reliable, reusable code for ArcGIS Desktop.
Here are the specifications:
- Each sponsor will get one Toolbox which will include two to four customized tools written in Python.
- Customized tools can call ArcGIS functions, local file functions, or pull data from the Internet. A good use of tool is to automate a piece of your regular workflow.
- The sponsor will provide requirements for toolboxes and tools. Student groups may ask for additional feedback as needed.
- Sample data may be requested if needed to build and test tools and toolboxes.
- Tools and toolboxes will be completed in early May, 2018.
- Code will include documentation and comments.
- Students may request an early review and feedback before the final toolbox is turned in.
I welcome your comments, questions, and proposals. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I’m anticipated being able to accommodate between four and six proposals for spring.
You can contact me at Dr. David Parr, email@example.com, Office: 303-615-0854.